Enrollment into the Beginner Chess Program does not require any testing. Enrollment into the Intermediate and Advanced Chess Programs, as well as enrollment into the Mathematics Program, requires an assessment test, which is free. Please call our office at 408-873-8429 or e-mail us to firstname.lastname@example.org to enroll your child to the Begin
Enrollment into the Beginner Chess Program does not require any testing. Enrollment into the Intermediate and Advanced Chess Programs, as well as enrollment into the Mathematics Program, requires an assessment test, which is free. Please call our office at 408-873-8429 or e-mail us to email@example.com to enroll your child to the Beginner Chess Program or to schedule an assessment math and/or chess test for your child.
There is no registration fee for our classes. Children can start any day during any month. The fees for the first month will be prorated depending on the start date.
We offer a flexible schedule to accommodate children’s other weekly activities. Our schedule allows children to choose math sessions and chess classes on weekdays and during weekends.
Individualized 45-minute sessions once a week (or one-hour sibling sessions once a week):
$140.00 for four weeks of math sessions per student ($175.00 for five weeks of math sessions per student)
Math + Chess Discount:
If math program is taken together with group chess classes, the discount is 20% off the smaller fee
20% off the smaller fee (sibling discount comes after program discount is applied)
Private Math Lessons:
$55.00 per hour
Group Chess Classes Once a Week:
$110.00 per month (for 4 classes)
$135.00 per month (for 5 classes)
Group Chess Classes Twice a Week:
$175.00 per month
Sibling Group Chess Discount:
20% off the smaller fee
One Group Chess Class:
$30.00 per class (no discounts)
Private Chess Lessons with International Master Mikhail Baturyn:
$55.00 per hour
Studygascar Math and Chess Learning Center is open for online math and chess instruction. We will return to live classes once the Covid-19 situation clears, but we are not able to provide live instruction at the moment.
Please read the information below regarding the online instruction.
1. Online group chess classes are offered in small groups to maintain individual attention as well as high-level quality of chess instruction, so the space in the classes is limited. We also offer hour-long online private chess lessons, as well as online math program (with 45-minute weekly individual or one-hour weekly sibling sessions). The sign up for online group and/or private chess classes and/or math program will be on a first come, first serve basis.
2. To enroll your child into our online group chess classes, please check the schedule here:
Schedule of Classes Summer 2021, then e-mail us to firstname.lastname@example.org with the class that your child wants to attend. Providing that the space in this class is still available, we will enroll your child and send you a confirmation email with an invoice. If the space in the class you choose is not available, we will provide other options for group chess classes.
To enroll your child into hour-long private chess lessons and/or math program (with 45-minute weekly individual or one hour weekly sibling sessions) please e-mail us to email@example.com and we will provide you with available time slots. If a time slot works for you, please confirm it as soon as you can because the same windows will be offered to several students and whoever confirms first, gets the window. Once we receive your confirmation, we will assign the time slot to your child, sending you a confirmation email with an invoice.
3. Group chess classes will be conducted on www.chess.com via chess board sharing and Zoom for video/audio. Private chess lessons will be conducted on www.chess.com via chess board sharing and Skype for video/audio. To participate in either group or private chess classes, please create a basic/free www.chess.com account for your child if he or she does not have one yet. Once your child has an account on www.chess.com, please e-mail us the user name of your child to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will send an invitation to connect with UdarUdar (which is Coach Mikhail’s username on www.chess.com) and you will have to accept this invitation to connect with the Coach.
4. Please notice that to fully participate in either group or private chess classes, your child will have to be using either Windows PC or Mac. Portable devices will not work for the classes as they will not allow board sharing on www.chess.com, which will limit your child’s participation to observation only in a class.
5. Group and private chess classes will have assigned homework. The homework will consist of doing certain number of tactical puzzles and playing certain number of games on www.chess.com. Coach Mikhail will monitor the work students do through statistical tools on www.chess.com. Some advanced students prefer to play on Internet Chess Club (ICC) instead of www.chess.com. Coach Mikhail will monitor ICC play for such students as well.
6. Please provide an e-mail for us to use for sending Zoom links to connect your child to our group chess classes. Most of the time, Zoom links will be sent out the evening before the class. If we do not receive a separate e-mail for your child for Zoom links, then Zoom links will be sent to the e-mail that you used to register for classes.
7. Math instruction will be offered in 45-minute weekly individual or one-hour weekly sibling sessions and will be conducted through Skype. Homework will be provided on a weekly basis and will have to be sent back for checking in a PDF format the day before the session to allow time for checking.
8. If your child is going to skip his or her scheduled weekly class due to some emergency, please e-mail us to email@example.com and we will try our best to accommodate a make-up class. Due to the limited space in classes we will not be able to offer flexible make-ups at this time. If the child misses his or her class without a notification, there will not be a make-up option available and the fee will be charged for the missed class.
9. You can pay for any classes in two different ways. First, you can pay a PayPal invoice with a PayPal account or a credit card. Second, you can drop off either a check (with your child’s name on it) or cash (in an envelope that has your child’s name on it) through a mailbox slot to the left of the front door of Studygascar office at 12306 Saratoga-Sunnyvale Road, Saratoga, CA 95070 and send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org that you did it. Once we pick up your check or cash, we will send you an e-mail confirming the receipt of funds. Payments for all classes are due on the first day of the month for all monthly classes.
Thank you for your support and we'll see our students in our online classes!
Copyright © 2010 - 2021 Studygascar - All Rights Reserved.